Tuesday, August 3, 2010

E is for...

E is for eating what is right for me right now. R is for running even when it hurts. I is for imagining all the things I can do. N is for needing to make myself better everyday.


This is about me. Who I am. What I do. Who the important people in my life are. First of all, you will notices that when I blog I don't always use correct grammar, punctuaction, capitalization, or sentence structure. And that's okay cause it's my blog, not yours :)


Well, obviously my name is Erin. And yes, I'm Irish. Not 100%. I'm more of a mutt. Some Irish, Welsh, English, and who knows what else. But of course being named Erin and having red hair I claim my Irish roots first and foremost. (plus my brother is a die-hard Notre Dame fan- but no, we are not Catholic)


My hair is red, but not naturally as red as I want it to be, so I get it colored to make it more vibrant. I was blonde as a child and then it got darker and redder as I got older. Unfortunately my eyebrows didn't get the memo and have stayed blonde, so they get colored with my hair or with an eye-brow pencil on a regular basis.


I live in Nashvegas (nashville, TN) and have been here since I graduated high school in 2003. I went to undergraduate and graduate school here and got my clinical doctorate in Occupational Therapy (for those of you who don't know what that is, a whole other post will be needed to accurately explain, but NO, I don't help people get jobs).


I work for a large hospital but in a smaller pediatric clinic portion of it. I love my job. It can be extremely stressful sometimes, but it's well worth it.


I'm married to a wonderful man (since 10/3/09) who is my best friend and my rock. No kids as of yet, but we have two dogs. A puggle named Sammie and a pitbull mix named Mila. They are training us for when we have kids.


My family is in WV. I miss them dearly, but visit when I can. I have one brother, who is also married, and has a gazillion dogs- 3 living with them, 1 they foster, 2 of theirs that stay with my parents most of the time.


I love to run. I've ran in 5 half-marathons since I came to Nashville. My husband and I trained for a full-marathon, but marathon day was rainy/windy/stormy/ridiculous- we were an hour late getting there because of traffic in the first place and then the course was cut short if you didn't get to the cut-off by a certain time, so we had to run the half again.

Okay, let me just say that I suck at this blogging thing. This is the 3rd time I've sat down to try and finish this post. I started it at work (first mistake) and then of course tried to pick it back up at work (nope) so here I am again. I will finish this time.

My workout repertoire consists of running, cycling (new to the gang), yoga, strength training, elliptical, and swimming (I throw in some other stuff now and again, but those are the go-to sweat inducers).

I just decided about eh 25 seconds ago that I'm going to end this post very soon. 1. Cause Ima feared (I'm afraid) that I won't ever finish otherwise and 2. If I tell you everything about myself right now then why the hex would you want to come back and read my blog again? The whole point of this is to keep you coming back for more! To keep you wanting to know more about me, what I eat, what I do, why I run, how my dogs are more entertaining than most people I know...yeah. I love my life. And hopefully so will you.

I've been inspired by several blogs, so they will be given props in the near future. In the meantime I'm going to work on posting some pics of the pups, maybe some redesigning, and trying to figure this whole thing out. Like I said, I'm new to this, I really don't know how to make things all fancy nancy.

So if anyone is reading this (which is a big IF) then tell me what you think my next post should be about. What do you want to know next? Otherwise I'll just keep posting until I get some followers and force you to comment. :)

Come on...aren't you curious about the bananas?

No comments:

Post a Comment